Multi-agent Coordination and Preference Modeling
Multi-agent Coordination and Preference Modeling in Energy Management was the research with the outcome title: ‘Data-Driven Decision Making in Auction Markets’
Data gedreven besluitvorming in veiling markten
PhD Candidate: Yixin Lu
This research resulted in three essays that examine the promises of data-driven decision making in the design and operationalization of complex auction markets.
- In the first essay, we derive a structural econometric model to understand the effect of auction design parameters on sellers’ revenues.
In addition, we develop a dynamic optimization approach which makes use of the rich structural properties identified from empirical data to guide auctioneers in setting these parameters in real-time.
- In the second essay, we focus on bidding strategies across different market channels and examine the interactions between different strategies and auction design parameters.
- In the third essay, we investigate the effect of information revelation policy on price dynamics and market performance.
This research offers important implications to both theory and practice of decision-making in information-rich and time-critical markets.
- From the theoretical perspective, this is, to our best knowledge, the first research that systematically examines the interplay of different informational and strategic factors in dynamic, multi-channel auction markets.
- In particular, it sheds light on real-time decision support in complex markets and thus contributes to the nascent literature on smart markets.
- From the managerial perspective, our research shows that advanced data analytics tools have great potential in facilitating decision-making in complex, real-world business environments.
2009 – 2014
- Prof. William Ketter, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Prof. Eric van Heck, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- -Betere en slimmere netten
- -Demand response
- -Betrokken consumenten
- -ICT & Modelling
- -Groene energie technologie
- -Big energy data
- -DC Grid Architectures
- -Stimuleren duurzame mobiliteit
- -Products and services
- -Flexibele prijzen
- -Wet- en regelgeving
- -Buitenland studies
- -Smart Charging