prof.dr. (J.P.L.) Jan Schoormans
Professor Dr. Jan Schoormans is professor of Consumer Behavior and Director of Education at the Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering in Delft.
He conducts research and publishes on Consumer Behavior in New Product Development and in the field of Strategic Product Design.
Jan Schoormans Career
Currently prof.dr Schoormans is working together with a large Grid operator on a Smart Grid project.
- Jan is specialized in the field of consumer perception on the different possibilities of a Smart Grid.
- He develops a testing ground of 80 households with a fully equipped Smart Grid,including ‘smart’ appliances which can be controlled and operated.
- Users get feedback on the electricity that they produce and use.
- Currently the research is focused on the factors which can steer them in using electricity which is abundantly available, either wind, solar or conventional energy.
- 2006 – 2009 Delft University of Technology, Vice-dean of the School of Industrial Design Engineering
- 2000 – 2008 Head of the department Product Innovation Management
- 2001 Delft University of Technology, Full professor of Consumer research, School of Industrial Design Engineering
- 1991 – 2001 Delft University of Technology, Associate professor of consumer research, School of Industrial Design Engineering
- 1989 – 1991 Delft University of Technology, Assistant professor of consumer behavior and consumer research, School of Industrial Design Engineering
- 1987 – 1989 Tilburg University, Assistant professor of economic psychology, Faculty of Social Sciences
- 1984 – 1987 Tilburg University, Research fellow, Faculty of Social Sciences
- 1990 Tilburg University, PhD: Perceived Justice of Social Security Benefit
Links to projects and researches
Research Group :
Industrial Design & Engineering
Consumer Behaviour in NPD
Consumer Research in NPD