prof.dr.ir. (M.G.D.) Marc Geers
Marc Geers is full professor in Mechanics of Materials. He obtained his master in Polytechnical Engineering in Belgium in 1987.
Marc Geers Career
After 3 years of engineering practice, he started an academic career in 1991 at the civil engineering (and materials) department of the RMA in Brussels.
- In the period 1992-1996 he combined this position with a PhD at the Eindhoven University of Technology under the supervision of prof. R. de Borst. He was appointed associate professor in Belgium and guest lecturer at the TU/e in 1998.
- In 2000, he moved to the TU/e in the Netherlands where he was appointed full professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- 1997 Eindhoven University of Technology, Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering
- 1987 RMA Brussels, Master’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 2000 – present Eindhoven University of Technology, Full Professor in Mechanics of Materials
- 2011 Ecole Des Mines de Paris, Short term Visiting Senior Researcher
- 2003 EPFL Lausanne, Short term Visiting Professor
- 1991 – 2000 RMA Brussels, Assistant / Associate Professor at Department of Civil andMaterials Engineering
- D14210 – Technical mechanics
- Computational multiscale mechanics
- Plasticity, damage and fracture mechanics
Links to projects and researches
Research Group :
Mechanics of Materials
Optimization of multiple energy carriers