prof.dr. (M.) Marco Aiello
Marco Aiello is professor of Distributed Systems at the University of Groningen (RUG), head of the Distributed Systems unit, member of the board of the Johann Bernoulli Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science, honorary professor at the University of Bournemouth (UK) and member of the Board of the startup company Nerdalize BV.
Marco Aiello Career
Before joining the RUG he was a Lise Meitner fellow at the Technical University of Vienna (from which he obtained the Habilitation), and assistant professor at the University of Trento. He holds a PhD in Logic from the Univeristy of Amsterdam and a MSc in Engineering from the University of Rome La Sapienza cum Laude.
My research focuses on four main areas which are tied by the thread of space meant as spatial distribution of computation, spatial representation, and spatial reasoning. In particular, the fields of my research interests are Service-Oriented Computing, Domotics, Computer Vision, and Spatial Reasoning.
- 1998 – 2001 University of Amsterdam, Ph. D. in Logic, Computer Science and A.I.
- 1991 – 1997 Sapienza Università di Roma, Master’s degree in Computer Science Engineering
- 2015 Saccargia Holding BV, Founder and owner
- 2006 University of Groningen, full professor of distributed systems.
- 2006 – 2006 Vienna University of Technology, Lise Meitner Fellow
- 2002 – 2006 University of Trento, Assistant professor
- 2004 – 2005 Free University of Bozen – Bolzano, Contracting Lecturer
Links to projects and researches
- Smart grid: rendement voor iedereen
- The impact of labelling of green electricity on consumers and environment
- FlexiForFuture (ADAPNER)
- EnSO: Energy Smart Offices
- MERGE matches energy demand and supply
- RES-EM – The impact of renewables on societies
Research Group :
Informatics, Information systems, theoretical tech. and multidisciplinary
ICT for the Energy Sector, Pervasive Computing, Domotics, Service-Oriented Computing