prof.dr.ir (M.P.C.) Margot Weijnen
Prof.dr.ir Margot Weijnen holds the chair of process and energy systems engineering at the Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management, Delft University of Technology.
- She received her MSc and PhD degrees in chemical process engineering from Delft University of Technology.
- She then worked for Shell in R&D, chemicals manufacturing and process design engineering, respectively.
- She was appointed scientific director to the interfaculty Delft University Clean Technology institute in 1990 (Interduct), where she served until her appointment as a full professor in the Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management in 1995.
- She is scientific director at Stichting Next Generation Infrastructures.
In this role, she leads a triple helix consortium with the goal to investigate the sector specific issues in existing infrastructures and sectors and develop solutions for these problems.
- process systems design en management (focus op designing for reliability and availability)
- energy resource management en energy technologies
- energy infrastructure design en management, incl. institutional design
Extracurricular activities / Board positions
- Wetenschappelijk directeur, Stichting Next Generation Infrastructures.
- Lid Wetenschappelijke Raad voor het Regeringsbeleid
- Lid Raad van Commissarissen, AkzoNobel Nederland BV
- Lid Innovation Advisory Board, TenneT
- Lid Algemeen Bestuur, Stichting Toekomstbeeld der Techniek (STT)
- Lid Adviescommissie Valorisatieprogramma
- Lid Expert Advisory Group, UK Infrastructure Transitions Research Consortium
- Bestuurslid, Energy Delta Gas Research Programme
- European editor, International Journal of Critical Infrastructures
- Chair, Technical Committee for Infrastructure Systems and Services, IEEE SMC
Research Group :
Process and Energy Systems Engineering
Distributed Energy Resource / Electric Vehicle / Smart Grid: Policy
Distributed Energy Resource / Electric Vehicle / Smart Grid: Markets