prof.dr.ir. (M.A.M.M.) Mart van der Meijden
Mart A.M.M. van der Meijden received his M.Sc. degree (cum laude) in Electrical Engineering from the Technical University of Eindhoven, the Netherlands, in 1981.
The last 20 years he has been working with different Dutch energy companies on the transmission and the distribution of gas, district heating and electricity. Since 2011, he is part-time professor at Delft University of Technology.
Mart van der Meijden Career
- From 1982 to 1988 he worked with ASEA/ABB in the field of process automation.
- In different strategic and operational management positions he has been involved in a wide variety of development initiatives such as grid technology innovation, implementation of sustainable energy, development of new organisational strategies and implementation of asset management. He has joined and chaired different national and international expert groups.
- Since 2003 he is working with TenneT, the Dutch Transmission System Operator. Mart van der Meijden is Manager Innovation and is responsible for the development of the TenneT long term vision on the electrical transmission system.
- Since June 2011 Mart is part-time professor at the Delft University of Technology in the Department of Electrical Sustainable Energy, which is part of the university’s Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science. His chair is Large-Scale Sustainable Power Systems.
- 1974 – 1981 Eindhoven University of Technology, Master’s degree in Electrical Energy Systems
- 2011 Delft University of Technology, Full Professor Large-Scale Sustainable Power Systems
- 2009 TenneT TSO B.V., Manager Innovation
Links to projects and researches
Research Group :
Intelligent Electrical Power Grids
Large-scale Sustainable Power Systems