Adaptive clustering for Decentralised Resilient Energy Management
ADREM: Adaptive clustering for Decentralised Resilient Energy Management
- Thema: products and services
- Onderwerp: SG: Markets
Self-optimizing and self-healing clusters
This proposal focuses on the design of a framework for Distributed Energy Resource (DER) management based on self-optimizing and self-healing clusters of consumers and producers.
- Consumers and producers participate in clusters based on negotiated service level agreements (SLAs)
- Clusters are (approximately) autarkic and adaptive
- Cluster membership and SLAs can be (re-)negotiated due to changes in the environment, the (forecasted) availability of energy resources, the overall energy market, but also participants? forecasts of their own needs and possibilities
- This allows for local, decentralised S/D management based on SLAs, reducing complexity on a wider scale;
and it provides the basis for stability of the power system through reconfiguration.
- It thus also allows for preparing load shedding and system restoration / re-configuration schedules for system failures.
The results of the project includes a framework with:
- dynamic profiles and agent models for energy consumers and resource providers together with the technology designed to this purpose
- decentralised clustering algorithms as the basis for coordination: criteria, objectives, and boundary conditions
- negotiation markets and negotiation strategies for cluster and SLA determination/reconfiguration
- forecasting mechanisms and strategies for different types of loads and markets together with the algorithms and models designed and implemented.
The systems are to be evaluated by distributed simulation and emulation during their design, with both simulated and live data.
Adaptation, clustering, decentralized multi-issue negotiation, load profiling, and forecasting thus provide the basis for stability of the power system through optimal reconfiguration and local management of S/D balances.
- Technische Universiteit Delft, Faculteit Techniek, Bestuur en Management, Veiligheidskunde en Technology Assessment
- Prof. dr. F.M. Brazier
- Uitvoerders: Dhr. A.G. Casaca de Rocha Vaz MSc
Mw. S. Causevic MSc
01/01/2015 tot 01/01/2019
- -Betere en slimmere netten
- -Demand response
- -Betrokken consumenten
- -ICT & Modelling
- -Groene energie technologie
- -Big energy data
- -DC Grid Architectures
- -Stimuleren duurzame mobiliteit
- -Products and services
- -Flexibele prijzen
- -Wet- en regelgeving
- -Buitenland studies
- -Smart Charging