Big Energy data
Big Energy data
- Thema: Analysis of big data
- Onderwerp: Developing algorithms for dealing with big energy data and complex networks concerning smart energy systems
The “smart” in smart energy systems is facilitated by ICT and refers to dynamically controlling the system in the face of load fluctuations and anomalies or network failures.
Within Alliander’s MS-LiveLab project, a test environment has been realized to gain knowledge on digitizing the (existing) Medium Voltage networks.
MS-LiveLab generates data
MS-LiveLab is installed in the city of Zaltbommel and is expected to generate a large amount of data. The objectives of this project are threefold:
- What kind of data is needed and can be collected, how and where can it be efficiently stored, and how frequently – and to where – does it need to be communicated?
- What kind of communications and computations infrastructure is needed? There is a strong need for dynamic access to scalable computing and network resources.
- Efficiently processing vast amounts of fine-grained data in near-real-time, commonly referred to as data analytics.
Developing algorithms for dealing with big energy data and complex networks constitutes a fairly new area within the field of algorithm design and will require a tailor-made multi-disciplinary solution.
PhD student: …
Supervisor: Fernando Kuipers
- -Betere en slimmere netten
- -Demand response
- -Betrokken consumenten
- -ICT & Modelling
- -Groene energie technologie
- -Big energy data
- -DC Grid Architectures
- -Stimuleren duurzame mobiliteit
- -Products and services
- -Flexibele prijzen
- -Wet- en regelgeving
- -Buitenland studies
- -Smart Charging