Project CASSANDRA aims to build a platform for the realistic modeling of the energy market stakeholders, also involving small-scale consumers.
CASSANDRA will not provide another tool for visualization. Rather, it will provide users with the ability to test and benchmark working scenarios that can affect system operation and company/environmental policies at different levels of abstraction, starting from a basic level (single consumer) and shifting up to large consumer areas (i.e. a city).
The project main outcomes will be the aggregation methodology and the framework of key performance indicators for scenario assessment, as well as an expandable software platform that providing different energy stakeholders with the ability to model the energy market, in order to assess scenarios for their own purposes.
- Provide the theoretical model that clearly defines the energy profiles and energy consumption patterns of all relevant stakeholders, as well as their interrelations, in order to support energy efficiency.
- Promote and validate methodologies that will provide increased market power to low level consumers, through consumer coalitions (Consumer Social Networks – CSNs).
- Develop a modular, extendable and interoperable software platform that will implement the CASSANDRA theoretical paradigm to model, simulate and benchmark scenarios and operations, and act as a decision making tool for energy performance, considering consumer behaviour.
- Specify Key Performance Indicators that will assess the platform in terms of energy performance and CO2 emissions reduction of each entity with interrelation with the others.
- Design and conduct three pilot cases in order to test and evaluate both the theoretical model and the software platform.
- Promote the proposed consumer behaviour and load modelling approach, and disseminate the energy and environmental benefit/impact to all actors.
Visit CASSANDRA’s website for more information.Involved researcher(s)
- -Betere en slimmere netten
- -Demand response
- -Betrokken consumenten
- -ICT & Modelling
- -Groene energie technologie
- -Big energy data
- -DC Grid Architectures
- -Stimuleren duurzame mobiliteit
- -Products and services
- -Flexibele prijzen
- -Wet- en regelgeving
- -Buitenland studies
- -Smart Charging