m2M-GRID – From micro towards Mega GRID: Interaction of micro grids in Active Distribution Network
- Thema: Hard- and software development, big data management
- Onderwerp: Developing algorithms for dealing with big energy data and complex networks concerning smart energy systems
Based on a synergy between power grid and ICT technologies, a new smart grid generation will be enabled by decentralized control via technology-based micro grids and active participation of end-users in market-based micro grids.
However, adoption of such bottom-up technologies in a mega scale of distribution grids is facing challenges from coexistence of top-down grid control system and market models.
m2M-GRID aims to accelerate the adoption of a variety of micro grids in the mega scale of distribution grids.
- Firstly, this project enhances the planning process of the distribution network to take into account geographical and market operational impacts of micro grid integration.
- Secondly, we focus on advancing set of control functions for technology-based micro grids to obtain effective communication and coordination with the distribution grid.
- Finally, this project develops a tool-box that exploits potential flexibility of market-based micro grids for securing local network operation and mitigating power imbalance.
This creates flexibility market opportunities for involved stakeholders, thus accelerating adoption processes of developed micro grid technologies.
2 demonstration sites
Developed solutions in this project will be validated in a whole range of test environments, from the integral software platforms to power hardware-in-the-loop laboratory experiments.
Especially, we will develop two dedicated demonstration sites, one in Sweden to validate technology-based micro grid solutions and one in France to validate market-based micro grid solutions.
Replication of innovation in this real-life test environment is the next crucial step to determine how these micro grid solutions can be made suitable for the future energy system.
- -Betere en slimmere netten
- -Demand response
- -Betrokken consumenten
- -ICT & Modelling
- -Groene energie technologie
- -Big energy data
- -DC Grid Architectures
- -Stimuleren duurzame mobiliteit
- -Products and services
- -Flexibele prijzen
- -Wet- en regelgeving
- -Buitenland studies
- -Smart Charging