MiLiCiA – IBC solar cells
MiLiCiA – Multi Line Concentration modules using Advanced cell edge passivation solutions
Introduction Solar modules have become commodity components in just one decade of time.
Wholesale prices vary from 0.5 €/Wp for low-cost commodity type modules up to 1.3 €/Wp for premium quality.
In high-efficiency modules, the solar cells dominate the production costs of a solar module. Concentration of sunlight is an elegant way of reducing the cost of high-efficiency solar cells.
Large cells will be cut up into smaller pieces while optics is applied to guide the sunlight towards the solar cell.
Aim of the project is to develop a low-concentration PV technology that can compete with conventional power generation without subsidies or feed-in tariffs.
LineSolar has the ambition to produce their Multi-Line Concentration (MLC) technology at 0.33 €/Wp manufacturing costs including solar cells.
As a bonus, the technology is environmentally friendly because silicon consumption is reduced with a factor 10 and silver with a factor of at least 5.
The MILICIA project consists of a technology co-development between LineSolar and ECN.
- ECN will develop application specific IBC solar cells for low concentration applications and prove its manufacturability
- LineSolar will develop the module manufacturing processes.
Commercialization of MLC technology is key.
- Therefore, a simple device architecture will be selected according to a validated cell production process.
- To prove the viability of the MLC technology, several prototype MLC modules will be built and tested within the project.
- Finally, the design of solar power plants using MLC modules will be delivered to generate electricity at 10-15% lower cost level when compared with competing technologies, bringing the cost of solar PV below the cost of coal fired power plants which is the cheapest form of power generation today.
Contactpersoon Paul de Jong
P. 06 1326 0855
01.09.2015 – 31.12.2016
Regeling Urban Energy, iDEEGO tender 1 2015 Programmalijn Zonnestroomtechnologie (PV) Projectnummer TEID115003
- -Betere en slimmere netten
- -Demand response
- -Betrokken consumenten
- -ICT & Modelling
- -Groene energie technologie
- -Big energy data
- -DC Grid Architectures
- -Stimuleren duurzame mobiliteit
- -Products and services
- -Flexibele prijzen
- -Wet- en regelgeving
- -Buitenland studies
- -Smart Charging