Prof. dr. A.H.M.E. Angele Reinders
Angèle Reinders (prof.dr.) present research focuses on energy-efficient system integration and product development with sustainable energy technologies.
In particular she has practical experience with applications of PV solar technologies, LEDs, fuel cells, energy storage technologies and small wind turbines in products and buildings.
A main issue in her design-driven research is matching renewable energy technologies with various conditions in their life cycle with a focus on
- energy-efficient energy performance
- environmental aspects
- conditions of use and costs
Her research includes the development of innovative design methodologies, new simulation tools for analyzing energy performance, technical monitoring systems and the application of evaluation tools such as environmental life cycle analysis.
- She has been establishing the field of innovation and design in photovoltaic technologies and other renewable energy technologies, which has led to publication of the book by John Wiley & Sons in 2012: The Power of Design: Product Innovation in Sustainable Energy Technologies .
- Recently Angele Reinders has initiated a new research direction on the performance of smart grid energy homes, where the interaction between end-users and renewable energy production becomes relevant.
- In general her research is frequently executed with companies and in interdisciplinary teams.
Delft and Twente
She holds a part-time chair of Energy-Efficient Design at TU Delft, is a co-founding editor of IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics and is intensively involved in the organization of the IEEE Photovoltaic Specialist Conference.
At University of Twente she teaches in the master program of Industrial Design Engineering with a course on sustainable innovation in product development and in the master Sustainable Energy Technology with a course on solar energy.
Angela is voorzitter van de volgende internationale onderzoeken:
Research Group :
Faculty of Engineering Technology, Energy Efficient Design
PV solar technologies and systems