prof. Arjan van Timmeren
Prof.dr.ir. Arjan van Timmeren leads interdisciplinary research and education focussing on design, development and integration of proven and promising techniques, infrastructures and interfaces for a sustainable, comfortable and a healthy urban environment.
He is working at the Environmental Technology & Design at the faculty of Architecture at TU Delft,
Central to the research and education is the question of how we prepare our built environment for the progressive climatic and general changes taking place.
Related to smart grids, Arjan van Timmeren focusses on the exchange, supply, demand and storage of energy between builtings and the interactions of electric vehicles, the grid and the built environment.
Arjan van Timmeren Career
Arjan van Timmeren (1969) is Professor of Environmental Technology & Design.
- Since 1997, he has been working as a specialist in sustainable technology for buildings and area development within the Department of Urban Planning in the TU Delft Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment
- Master education Delft University of Technology, M.Sc. (with honour) Architecture & Building Technology
- 2006 Delft University of Technology, Ph.D, Cum Laude; ‘Autonomy and Heteronomy in the Built environment’
- He completed both his undergraduate and graduate degrees cum laude, in addition to working as a consultant to various architects and engineering firms in the Netherlands, Italy and Spain.
- 2013 Technische Universiteit Delft, Lead Principle Investigator AMS (0,2fte), Joint MIT/TUD/WUR research institute for Advanced Metropolitan Solutions
- 2012 Delft University of Technology, Full Professor (full time), Environmental Technology & Design (ETD), Department of Urbanism, Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment (ABE)
- 2009 – 2012 Delft University of Technology, Associate Professor (0,8fte) Green Building Innovation & Product Development, Department of Building Technology, Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment (ABE)
- 1999 – 2009 Delft University of Technology, Assistant Professor (0.8fte) in section of Climate Design & Sustainability, Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment
- 1998 – present Atelier 2T, Partner, Environmental Design, Research and consulting
Links to projects and researches
Research Group :
Environmental Technology & Design
Smart Grid Infrastructure
EV (Electric Vehicles): Dynamic Charging (Grid Integration)