dr. (E.) Evangelos Pournaras
Evangelos Pournaras Career
He is a computer scientist, yet, and is involved in interdisciplinary research on how large-scale decentralized socio-technical systems can be self-managed. Smart Power Grids is one application domain of my expertise. He has worked on various research projects and published several research papers in this area.
Pournaras previously worked as a postdoctoral researcher at Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands and I was a research visitor at EPFL in Switzerland.
Purnaras has a very international educational background: I spent the first two years of my PhD at VU University Amsterdam before I move to Delft University of Technology to complete my PhD studies. Earlier, he received a MSc in Internet Computing with distinction from University of Surrey in UK and a BSc in Technology Education and Digital Systems from University of Piraeus in Greece.
- 2006 – 2007 University of Surrey, Master’s degree in Internet Computing
- 2002 – 2006 University of Piraeus, Bachelor’s degree in Technology Education and Digital Systems
- 2014 ETH Zurich, Postdoctoral Researcher
- 2012 – 2014 Delft University of Technology, Postdoctoral Researcher
- 2013 – 2013 Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Visiting Researcher
- 2009 – 2012 Delft University of Technology, Ph.D. Researcher
- 2010 – 2010 IBM Watson Research Center, Research Intern
- 2007 -2009 VU University Amsterdam, Ph.D. Researcher
- 2002 – 2004 Largovidiaria S.A., Multimedia Engineer
Links to projects and researches
- Increasing the Robustness of Smart Grids through distributed energy generation: a complex network approach
Research Group :
IT: Smart Algorithms (HV / MD)
IT: Distributed Service Platform