assoc. prof. (F.A.) Fernando Kuipers
Fernando A. Kuipers (IEEE senior member) is Associate Professor in the Network Architectures and Services group at Delft University of Technology (TUDelft). He received the M.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering at TUDelft in June 2000 and subsequently obtained his Ph.D. degree (cum laude) in 2004 at the same faculty.
Fernando Kuipers Career
- Currently, Fernando is chairman of the board of examiners for the two M.Sc. programs Computer Engineering and Embedded Systems at TUDelft and he is on the steering board of the PowerWeb consortium.
- His research interests mainly revolve around network algorithms and cover Routing, Quality of Service, Network Survivability, Optical Networks, Content Distribution, and Smart Grids.
- His work on these subjects has resulted in over 60 publications in refereed journals and conferences and include distinguished papers at IEEE INFOCOM 2003, Chinacom 2006, IFIP Networking 2008, IEEE FMN 2008, IEEE ISM 2008, ITC 2009, and IEEE JISIC 2014.
- Fernando Kuipers is and has been TPC member of several conferences, among which IEEE INFOCOM, and is member of the executive committee of the IEEE Benelux chapter on communications and vehicular technology.
- 2003 Delft University of Technology, Ph.D. (cum laude)
- 2000 Delft University of Technology, Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 2010 Delft University of Technology, Associate professor, Dept. Intelligent Systems
- 2004 – 2010 Delft University of Technology, Assistant professor, Dept. Telecommunications
- 2000 – 2004 Delft University of Technology, Ph.D. student
Links to projects and researches
Research Group :
Networked Architectures and Services
DC grid architectures