MSc. (F.) Frits de Nijs
Frits de Nijs is PhD Student at the Algorithmics Group of the Faculty of Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS/EWI), Delft University of Technology.
As the number and volume of distributed and renewable generation increases, the demand on the medium-voltage (MV) level of the power grid increases as well, in some cases above current capacity.
In this project:
- we study how large consumers can be involved in maintaining a power balance and/or staying within the network capacity.
- We address this problem using mechanism design to deal with incentives in the context of fast dynamics and uncertainty in electricity networks
- and we combine this with existing work on planning and control algorithms.
- 2010 – 2013 Delft University of Technology, Master’s degree in Computer Science
- 2004 – 2011 Delft University of Technology, Bachelor’s degree in Technical Informatica
Links to projects and researches
Research Group :
IT: Smart Algorithms (HV / MD)