Dr. ir. Geert Heijenk
Dr. ir. Geert Heijenk is an associate professor at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science, Chair Design and Analysis of Communication Systems, of the University of Twente (UT).
Geert Heijenk Career
He received his M.Sc. in Computer Science from University of Twente, the Netherlands in 1988, worked as a research staff member at the same university and received his Ph.D. in Telecommunications in 1995.
- He has also held a part-time position as researcher at KPN research, the Netherlands, from 1989 until 1991.
- From 1995 until 2003, Heijenk was with Ericsson EuroLab Netherlands, first as a senior strategic engineer, and from 1999 as a research department manager.
- From 1998 until 2003 he was also a part-time senior researcher at the University of Twente.
- In 2011, he was a visiting professor at INRIA Rocquencourt, Paris.
- In 2002, he was a visiting associate professor at the University of California, Irvine.
- In 1992, he has performed part of his Ph.D. research at the University of Pennsylvania.
His area of research is Mobile and Wireless Networking.
- He am particularly interested in architectures, algorithms, and protocols for Cellular, Ad-hoc, and Vehicular Networks.
- 1995 University of Twente, Ph.D. in Telecommuniations
- 1988 University of Twente, Master’s degree in Computer Science.
Links to projects and researches
Research Group :
Mobile and Wireless Networking
Smart Grids: Distribution (MV LV)