prof.dr.ir. (J.G.) Han Slootweg
Prof. dr. ir. J.G. (Han) Slootweg received a MSc degree in Electrical Power Engineering in 1998 (cum laude) and a PhD degree in 2003, both from Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands.
Slootweg also holds a MSc degree in Business Administration.
- He is currently manager of the Innovation department of 4 B.V. (formerly Essent Netwerk B.V.), one of the largest Distribution Network Operators of The Netherlands, where his spearheads are energy transition (including distributed generation and smart grids), asset condition assessments and increasing workforce productivity through new technology.
- Han is also a part time professor in Smart Grids at the Electrical Energy Systems group of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering at Eindhoven University of Technology.
He has authored and co-authored more than 75 papers, covering a broad range of aspects of the electricity supply.
- In 2007 he won the Hidde Nijland prize for “significant contributions to electrical power engineering”
- In 2013 he won the “Dutch Power Award”
Links to projects and researches
- Smart Planning -fundamenteel onderzoek naar de baten van Smart Grids
- Meppel Energy
- COCAPLEN: Computational Capacity Planning in Electricity Networks
- Kostenreductie MS/LS Instrumentatie
Research Group :
Electrical Energy Systems
Distributed Energy Resources: Wind
Smart Grids: Distribution (Medium/Low Voltage)
Microgrids (including frequency and voltage control)
System reliability including extreme events