dr. (I.) Ivo Bouwmans
Dr. Ivo Bouwmans (1961) graduated in 1986 at the Faculty of Applied Physics of Delft University of Technology on the subject of Underwater Gas Escapes.
Ivo Bouwmans Career
- Bouwmans received his PhD in 1992 for the thesis The Blending of Liquids in Stirred Vessels.
- From 1991 to 1995, Ivo worked at Interduct, Delft University Clean Technology Institute.
- Since November 1995 he works in the group of Energy & Industry of the faculty of Technology, Policy & Management, where he has been Director of Studies of the Bachelor studies Technische Bestuurskunde since 2005.
- Director of Studies of the Bachelor’s degree program Technische Bestuurskunde
- Course Systems Modeling 1 (1st year)
- Course Physical Transport Phenomena (heat, mass and momentum transfer; 2nd year)
- Elective Course Socio technology of Future Energy Systems (Master phase)
- 1995 – present Delft University of Technology, Lecturer and Director of Bachelor Studies
- 1991 – 1995 Interduct / Delft University Clean Technology Institute, Researcher
- 1986 – 1991 Delft University of Technology, Ph.D. Student
- Next Generation Infrastructures: Understanding Complex Networks subprogramme leader
- Next Generation Infrastructures: project Understanding Complex Networks: an Interactive Approach
- integration of sustainable energy systems in the energy infrastructure
- ENET-L: the electronic energy network of Delft University
- Hydrogen: the Greening of Gas
- The useful application of waste for generation of energy and in the industries
- Reduction of the environmental load in the framework of the “Convenant Verpakkingen II”
- Scenario study on the future energy supply in the Netherlands
- Application of biomass
- Energy map for the municipality of Delft
- Tariffs in the liberalised gas market
- The Environment and Energy Directory
- the ‘Grondstoffenstudie’: fossil resources/petrochemistry & mineral resources
- The discussion list GT-ATMDC on atmospheric dispersion of chemicals
- GRNSD, the Global Research Network on Sustainable Development
Links to projects and researches
Research Group :
Power Technology, Policy & Management
DER (Distributed Energy Resources)/EV (Electric Vehicles)/SG (Smart Grid): Policy
Smart Grids: Socio-technical Systems