dr.ir. (J.H.) Jan Kwakkel
Jan Kwakkel is an associate professor at the TU Delft. His research interest is model-
Jan Kwakkel Career
- He is the lead developer of an open source workbench for exploratory modeling, scenario discovery, and multi-objective robust optimization. He is currently funded through a VENI grant, which is a personal development grant of the Dutch National Science Foundation.
- His research focuses on the developing innovative model-based techniques for the design of dynamic adaptive policy pathways.
- Next to his research on decision making under deep uncertainty, Dr. Kwakkel also has an interested in text mining with a focus on analyzing scientific publications and patents.
- 2004 – 2010 Leiden University, Bachelor’s degree in Philosophy
- 2000 – 2008 Delft University of Technology, Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Policy Analysis and Management
- 2016 Delft University of Technology, Associate Professor
- 2014 – 2016 Delft University of Technology, Assistant Professor
- 2010 – 2013 Delft University of Technology, Postdoc Researcher
- 2015 – Developing Dynamic Adaptive Policy Pathways: A computer-assisted approach for developing adaptive strategies for a deeply uncertain world. Climatic Change
- 2013 – Dynamic Adaptive Policy Pathways: A Method for Crafting Robust Decisions for a Deeply Uncertain World, Global Environmental Change
- 2013 – Adapt or Perish: A Review of Planning Approaches for Adaptation under Deep Uncertainty. Sustainability.
- 2013 – Exploratory Modeling and Analysis, an approach for model-based foresight under deep uncertainty. Technological Forecasting and Social Change\
- 2010 – Classifying and communicating uncertainties in model-based policy analysis. International Journal of Technology, Policy and Management
Links to projects and researches
Research Group :
Scenario Planning, Policy Analysis, Handling deep uncertainty, Airport Strategic Planning, Python, Java, Exploratory Modeling and Analysis, System Dynamics, Vensim, Powersim, Matlab, Robust Decision Making, Adaptive Deltamanagement