dr. Martien Visser
Dr. Martien Visser is professor Energy Transition & Network Integration Hanze University of Applied Sciences
- In 1985 Martien graduated at the University of Eindhoven on fluid flow and mass transfer. Het started his career at Holland Windturbine BV. Later he switched to Energy and in 1987, he became international researcher at the International Flame Research Foundation.
- In 1992, he switched to Gasunie were he became senior researcher with repsect to energy conservation and clean combustion of natural gas.
- In 1996, he became economist at Gasunie followed by a position as group leader in gas market research. Later, he worked for (nowadays) GasTerra and in 2006, he became senior economist of Gasunie.
- In 2009, Visser became manager of the department of Network optimisation and Development.
- Since 2013, Visser is manager (long term) strategy at Gasunie and professor at Hanze University of Applied Sciences in the field of Energy Transition.
- Since 2004, Martien is Fellow at the Clingendael International Energy Programme, a think tank about energy policy.
At Hanzehogeschool centre of expertise, Visser is involved in the field of (electricity) network design, solar panels, heat networks and energy data.
Martien is professor in the European Master in Sustainable Energy and System Management and teaches the subjects of
- Technology, Plants and Integration
- Interaction between sustainable and fossil
- Reliability of Energy Systems
Links to projects and researches
Research Group :
Energy Transition & Network Integration