prof.dr.ir. (M) Miro Zeman
Prof. dr. ir. Miroslav Zeman was born in Slovakia in 1957. He graduated in Materials Science at Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava in 1981.
- He received his Ph.D. degree from the Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava in 1989 for the research work on material structures for electronics based on hydrogenated amorphous silicon.
- In 1989 he became a member of the solar cell group at Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands.
His research interests have been the development of novel concepts for the improvement of:
- thin-film silicon solar cell performance
- modeling of devices based on amorphous semiconductors
He was appointed associate professor at Delft University of Technology in 2001 and started lecturing a course on solar cells.
Photovoltaic Materials and Devices
In 2009 Zeman was appointed a full professor at Delft University of Technology for the chair of Photovoltaic Materials and Devices in the department of Electrical Sustainable Energy.
Since 1989 he was in charge of more than 30 Dutch and 6 European projects dealing with the development of thin-film solar cells and technology for their fabrication.
Prof. dr. ir. Miroslav Zeman has authored and co-authored more than 130 scientific publications; he contributed to 2 scientific books.
Together with R.E.I. Schropp he wrote a book on thin-film silicon solar cells that was published in the USA by Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- He acts as a reviewer for several scientific journals.
- He regularly attends world conferences on advanced materials and photovoltaics in Europe, USA, Japan and China, where he contributed with more than 80 presentations.
- In 2006 he co-founded a non-profit organization Slovak Renewable Energy Agency (SkREA) in Slovakia, which aims to promote the implementation of solar energy in Slovakia.
Research Group :
Electrical Sustainable energy
Novel concepts for the improvement of thin-film silicon solar cell performance and modeling of devices based on amorphous semiconductors