prof.dr. (I.G.) Rene Kamphuis
Prof. dr. René Kamphuis finished his M.Sc. in chemistry in 1977 at Nijmegen Catholic University. Subsequently.
He received his Ph. D. from Groningen State University in chemical physics.
- From 1983 until 1999 he was engaged at the Energy research Centre of the Netherlands in a number of positions in software engineering en ICT system development for energy related applications.
- From 2000 onwards, he was involved in setting up the ICT and Energy research program at ECN.
This program later evolved to a SmartGrids and Smart Energy Systems program.
- In 2010 these programs were integrated in the Energy theme of TNO (www.tno.nl).
- He was involved in the development, implementation and field-testing of the software agent based strategies for coordination of demand and supply in energy grids e.g. PowerMatcher
- Since 1-1-2012 onwards he is a part-time professor in ‘Smart operation of electricity grids through ICT’.
Research Group :
Electrical Energy Systems
IT: Distributed Service Platform
Smart Grids: Distribution (Medium/Low Voltage)
IT: Smart Algorithms (Medium/Low Voltage)