dr.ir. (S.) Sacha Silvester
Sacha Silvester is an associate professor industrial design at TU Delft and a board member of Dutch-Incert research agenda.
He is involved in various publications in the field of sustainable electric mobility and building design.
Sacha is convinced electric vehicles, combined with new ownerships, product market combinations and advanced infrastructures are here to stay.
Sacha Silvester Career
- After finishing his study in Industrial Design Engineering at the Delft University of Technology (DUT), Sacha Silvester worked as a musician at the Theatre Company Diskus and as a research associate at the faculties of Economics and Social Sciences at the Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- He was co-founder of the Erasmus Centre of Environmental Studies (ESM) at the same university.
- As an assistant professor and member of the ESM management team he was involved in research programs on technology assessment, the adoption and diffusion of sustainable innovations, sustainable housing, pollution prevention and industrial ecology.
The research was completely external funded and together with leading industrial and governmental organisations.
- In 1996 he received a PhD in Social Sciences at the Erasmus University Rotterdam on a series of research projects, studying the effects of demonstration projects on the adoption & diffusion of energy efficient housing in the Netherlands.
- In 1997 he joined the faculty of Industrial Design Engineering as an associate professor in the Design for Sustainability Program responsible for a number of large external funded research programs together with industry. His research focus was on system innovations and product service systems related to design for sustainability.
- From 2006 until 2008 he was leading the Delft Design Institute aiming at showing and increasing the added value of doing design within a scientific context. During that same period he was responsible for the valorization policy of the faculty of Industrial Design Engineering,
- In 2008 he was appointed in the Research Council, responsible for the application area Personal Mobility and joined the department of Industrial Design as Associate Professor.
- In the 2009 was member of the jury of the television program Best Idea of the Netherlands broadcasted by SBS6. H e is also member of the board of D-Incert, a nationwide platform for electric mobility.
- 1996 Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam PhD, Social Sciences. PhD on the role of demonstration projects for the implementation of sustainable building in the Netherlands.
- 1972 – 1980 Delft University of Technology, MSc., Industrial Design Engineering
- 1978 Erasmus University Rotterdam, Propaedeutic Degree, Sociology
Links to projects and researches
Research Group :
Industrial Design & Engineering
EV (Electric Vehicles): Design