dr.ir. (T.N) Theo Olsthoorn
Theo Olsthoorn joined the Water Resources Section as a part-time professor of groundwater exploration in September 2004. He is also senior researcher hydrology for Waternet (Amsterdam Water Supply).
Professor Olsthoorn is a former MSc and PhD graduate of Delft University of Technology and has working experience in a number of renowned Dutch hydrological institutes.
- Part-time professor Geohyrology Delft. Courses Geohydrology I and II (CT4420, CT5440)
- Invited lecturer at IHE (Advanced groundwater flow), 2001-present
- Invited lecturer in the graduate course of Prof. Kop (Technical University Delft, Civil Engineering/Sanitary Engineering) on groundwater modeling using spreadsheets (about 1993-1997).
- Post Academic Courses in Delft on artificial recharge of groundwater, and modeling of groundwater (several times)
Leadership & Coordination
- IAHS, since ca. 1984, member of the board of the Dutch chapter since 2001, since 2010 president.
- President of SWIM17, the 17th Salt Water Intrusion Meeting, Delft, 6-10 May 2002
- Co-president of the one-day symposium “Calibration of Groundwater models”(In Dutch), Dutch Hydrological Association, 7 March 2001, Preface..
- President of TISAR, the third international symposium on artificial recharge, Amsterdam 1998. The conference was opened by the crown Prince, Willem Alexander.
- Co-president of the one-day symposium on calibration of groundwater models, 1996
- 1968 – 1974 Delft University of Technology, Master’s degree in Sanitary Engineering & Hydrology (Civil Engineering)
- 2004 – present Delft University of Technology, Professor
- 1990 – present Waternet Amsterdam, Hydrologist
- 1974 – 1978 KIWA Water Research Institute, Researcher / Hydrologist
Links to projects and researches
Research Group :
DER (Distributed Energy Resources): Hydropower