MSc. (V.) Venugopal Prasanth
Venugopal Prasanth is a PhD Researcher and Chair IEEE PELS/IAS Student Board at the TU Delft.
His vision is to perform research and development in the fields of high power-density, high-efficiency power electronics, ideally operated in a smart and renewable energy grid.
He has worked extensively in the field of inductive wireless power transfer technology (IPT) and am an e-mobility enthusiast.
Research and Development Fields
Power Engineering, power electronics, renewable energy, electromagnetics, wireless energy transfer, inductive power systems, pcb design, power systems, e-mobility.
- 2010 – 2012 Delft University of Technology, Master’s degree in Electrical Power Engineering
- 2006 – 2010 Amrita School of Engineering, Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- 2012 – present Delft University of Technology, Ph.D. Student
- 2015 – 2016 IEEE PELS/IAS Student Board, Chairman
- 2015 – 2016 IEEE Student Board Delft, Treasurer
- 2012 – 2012 Delft University of Technology, Researcher
- Economic and CO2 Emission Benefits of a Solar Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station for Workplaces in the Netherlands
- Green energy based inductive Self-Healing highways of the future
- Economic viability study of an on-road wireless charging system with a generic driving range estimation method
- A sectional matrix method for IPT coil shape optimization
- Economic considerations for on-road wireless charging systems – A case study
- Generic methodology for driving range estimation of electric vehicle with on-road charging
- Multi-coil multi-frequency inductive power transfer
- Review of analytical methods to extract magnetic parameters of an inductively coupled circuit
- Solar road operating efficiency and energy yield – An integrated approach towards inductive power transfer
Links to projects and researches
Research Group :
Power systems, Energy conversion & Storage
Optimization of multiple energy carriers
IT: Smart Algorithms (HV / MD)
Inductive power transfer