dr.ir. (W.) Wouter Leibbrandt
Wouter Leibbrandt is a Research Manager at TNO-ESI. Until early 2016 Wouter has been with NXP Semiconductors for 10 years, where he managed the Advanced Applications Lab, investigating new application concepts around future advanced silicon products, driving secure connections for a smarter world.
Wouter Leibbrandt Career
Wouter brings with him a broad knowledge and experience in embedded systems in industrial settings and applications. He has a keen interest in bringing system architecture to the next level of maturity across the industrial eco-system.
- Before joining NXP, he was with Philips Research labs for 14 years, managing a variety of projects and departments. From 2004 to 2006 he lived and worked in China, founding and managing part of the Philips Research labs in Shanghai.
- Wouter holds a PhD in physics from Utrecht University.
- 1988 – 1992 Utrecht University, Ph.D. in Physics
- 1981 – 1987 University of Groningen, Master’s degree in Physics
- 2016- TNO, Research Manager at Embedded Systems Innovation
- 2015 – 2016 NXP Semiconductors, Senior Director Systems and Applications
- 2010 – 2014 NXP Semiconductors, Senior Director and Manager Advanced Applications Lab
- 2006 – 2013 NXP Semiconductors, General Manager Advanced Systems Lab
- Philips Research, Department Head OS&DTV Shanghai
- 1998 – 2004 Philips Research, Department Head in Optical Storage Research
- 1992 – 1998 Philips Research, Research Scientist
Links to projects and researches
Research Group :
Industrial - Embedded Systems
EV: Dynamic Charging (Grid Integration)